Northreach Baptist Church is a registered Australian charity (ABN 13940253570) and as such is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), which sets out a number of principles concerning the privacy of individuals. This policy sets out how we collect, store and use your information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
This Policy was last updated on March 13th, 2020.
- “Us”, “We”, “Our” and "Northreach" refers to Northreach Baptist Church, ABN 13940253570 and its sister company Northreach Community Care Ltd, ABN 14610588380.
- "You", "Your" and “Customer” refers to the person or entity who interacts with us.
- “Planning Center Online", "Church Center and "PCO" refers to services provided by Ministry Centered Technologies, Inc. (incorporated in the United States of America), which is a vendor that we use to efficiently manage Customer information.
- "Service(s)" refers to the regular operation of Northreach in accordance with its values and goals, including but not limited to activities conducted on church property (such as church services), community support and group trips. Generally, this refers to in-person engagement with Northreach activities.
- "Application(s)" refers to technology solutions utilized by Northreach that can be used by the Customer, including but not limited to this website and PCO. Generally, this refers to your use of Northreach and PCO websites.
The TL;DR version
This doesn’t substitute the full Policy below, but if you’re in a rush, these are the basics when it comes to how we use your Privacy.
- We collect your personal information, billing and payment information, and data on how you use our Application(s) and Service(s) in order to provide, improve, and/or develop our Application(s) and Service(s).
- We store cookies on your computer to provide, improve, and/or develop our Application(s).
- We provide your personal and/or billing and payment information to vendors in order to provide, improve, and/or develop our Service(s) and Application(s). Our vendors and upstream providers might have different policies, so make sure to read them too.
- You can access, change, or delete your information by contacting us.
- We work hard to ensure the safety of your information, but we cannot guarantee it outside of Australian legal requirements. Information stored by our vendors may fall outside the scope of Australian law.
- By using or continuing to use our Application(s) and Service(s), you are agreeing to this Policy and the policies of our vendors.
Collection of your personal information
- Northreach collects personal, billing and payment, and aggregated information to provide, improve and/or develop our Application(s) and Service(s).
- Personal information we collect includes the information you give us either online or by email, face to face, post, fax, and/or over the phone. In most cases, the personal information we will collect from you is the personal information required in order to provide Service(s) to you. This information may include your full name, postal address, telephone number, email addresses, ABN or ACN, date of birth and other relevant details.
- Northreach also collects billing and payment information for the purpose of charging for the Service(s) that the Customer has signed up to use. Payment information that we collect is stored by vendors; we do not have access to your payment information other than for the purpose of providing it to our vendors.
- Any telephone conversations you have with us may be monitored or recorded in order to facilitate staff training and for verification purposes. You will always be informed prior to any telephone conversation, and by continuing with the telephone call you are granting approval. If you do not wish to be recorded, alternative contact options are available such as email.
- Any emails you send us may be archived in accordance with standard Northreach policy. This information is confidential and stored securely. If you do not wish your email messages to be archived, alternative contact options are available such as in-person conservations.
- We also store and utilize analytical information to deliver Application(s) and Service(s) efficiently and to improve customer experience online and in-person. This data does not include personally-identifying-information, but may include your IP Address, the dates and times that you used our Service(s) and Application(s), and/or other user-behaviour data (such as what you clicked on or whether you checked-in to a service later than usual). This information is collected by vendors and stored on secure servers.
How we use your personal information
- We collect and use your personal information to deliver Application(s) and Service(s) to you. This includes the delivery of Service(s), accounts, donations and billing, and the maintenance and any other components that the Application(s) and Service(s) depend on. This data is stored securely by Northreach and our vendors.
- We also may use your information to measure interactions with our Applications(s) to develop or improve them, as mentioned above.
- Your personal information may also be used for marketing or promotional purposes, such as church newsletters. If you do not wish to receive any marketing communication, you can opt-out and stop future delivery by following the instructions in the communications sent to you which will highlight the appropriate process, or by contacting us.
Sharing of your personal information
We may occasionally hire other companies to assist us to deliver Application(s) and Service(s). We call these vendors and they will be permitted to obtain only the personal information they need to deliver the Application(s) and Service(s). Northreach takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
- When you use or engage with Service(s) or Product(s) that are provided by a third party or upstream partner, we are required to collect and disclose your personal information to these providers in order for the Service(s) or Application(s) to be rendered.
- We encourage you to review the Privacy Policies of these parties (where available). Links to some of these Policies are provided at the end of this document. By continuing to use our Service(s) and/or Application(s), you are agreeing to the policies of any third parties, vendors, and/or upstream providers that we use.
How we keep your information secure
- The transfer and continued retention of any information involves a certain degree of risk irrespective of the circumstances. As such, we take information safety very seriously, and keeping your information secure is very important to us.
- As such, we treat all your data with the utmost security and use a variety of technologies, policies and applications to ensure your data is secured not only from external access, but also from unauthorized access or modification. This includes and is not limited to the use of firewalls, brute force protection mechanisms, advanced and continually reviewed access controls and restrictions.
- Despite our commitment to the security of your information, we do not guarantee its safety outside of the legal requirements set out in the Australian federal Privacy Act 1988, unless specified in a separate agreement between Northreach and the Customer.
- The vendors we work with also protect your information using various technologies. Unfortunately, we are unable to guarantee the security of information stored by these third parties and providers. For more information, please refer to their respective Privacy Policies (where available). Links to some of these Policies are provided at the end of this document. Information stored by our vendors may fall outside the scope of Australian law.
- Your continued use of basic information security protections (such as ensuring strong passwords are set and that these are changed regularly and not shared with anybody) will also help to protect your security and personal information.
Access, updating or deleting your information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons. Northreach reserves the right to charge a fee for searching for, and providing access to, your information on a per request basis. Requests to access, update or delete your information can be sent via email, post, or in-person.
Acceptance and Changes
- New and continued use of our Application(s) and/or Service(s) constitutes acceptance of this Policy and any applicable policies by relevant vendors.
- If you do not wish to accept the terms detailed in this Policy, you may stop using our Application(s) and Service(s) at any time.
- If you have any questions about this agreement, please contact us.
Call: (07) 4723 2371
Post: Attn: Administrator,
Northreach Baptist Church,
38 Canterbury Road, Kirwan Queensland 4814